Not gonna lie – I wish I had all the money in the world to never have to look at a price tag again, or save for something that I really wanted. Don’t we all, right? The truth is, while I would love to have a closet full of designer duds, I am more than happy shopping at H&M, Topshop or my favorite – Zara, for the majority of my wardrobe. The trick is to make sure you’re buying the right kinds of pieces and caring for them properly , so no one would ever guess how little you paid. Below, I’m going piece by piece of this look to show you how to do just that!
* Sweater ($52) – Fabric selection is key. Tweed, cotton and linen often look expensive even if they’re not. The one-shoulder detail most definitely elevates the look of this sweater too.
* Pleather Pants ($17.99) – Go for texture. Even the best real leather has a certain grainy texture, and so do good fakes. Nothing gives away faux leather faster than a smooth texture.
* Bag ($103.60) – When picking out a handbag, stick to simple bags with little hardware and design since those are generally giveaways to a budget price. A simple satchel is classic and discreet.
* Shoes ($59.90) – Beading and other embellishments can make a shoe look more expensive. Zara is AMAZING for pieces like these! This pair was under $60!
* Sunglasses ($28) – No one would ever know that these glasses were under $30. Gold-tone metal frames always give sunglasses an expensive appearance and is a trend seen in designer glasses.
Hope you ladies find these tips helpful! And thanks as always for reading!